Networking Paper Due
Talk to at least 3 companies at the career fair held in the Business Building main floor lounge on Thursday, September 10th from 10 – 2. Write a 1-2 page paper (double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins).
1. Your overall career fair experience.
2. Who you talked to? Company and person
3. Why you choose to stop at that company’s booth?
4. What employment or internship opportunities did they have available?
5. Do you plan to follow up with the recruited? If so, how and about what? If not, why?
Practice talking to strangers and start a conversation with 3 strangers on campus, at a store, etc. Also, discover who is in your current network and who is in the network of those you might know. Write a 2-3 page paper (double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins).
1. What where the names of the 3 stranger you talked to?
2. Where did you meet these strangers?
3. What was the conservation about? Were there common interests?
4. Build a networking plan.
a. Who is in your current network
b. How will you keep these relationships mutually beneficial? Two-sided
c. How will you expand your network?
d. Who in your network has someone that can introduce you to someone that you could benefit and who could benefit you?
i. Who is this person?
ii. Why do you want the in your network?